This low level flight in state of the art equipment will take you over the magnificent awe inspiring Grand Canyon West, Hoover Dam and Lake Mead. As you near the canyon you will fly over the Black Mountains, Grape Vine Mesa then across the Grand Wash Cliffs and enter the Grand Canyon. Here you will descend approximately 4,000 feet and land on the floor of the canyon at the Hualapai Indian reservation. This is the only place in the Canyon that aircraft are allowed to fly in and land. Champagne brunch along the banks of the Colorado River is included. Your flight back to Las Vegas includes a tour of the famous 'Las Vegas Strip'.
Departure and Return Details
The Hoover Dam
© Las Vegas News Bureau
Daily - 1 January to 31 December, 2004
Note: Tour does not depart on the following date:
Christmas Day (25 December)
Tour departs from most Las Vegas hotels.
- 10:30am (not available in September)
Passengers will be picked-up from their hotel approximately 45 minutes prior to their chosen departure time, depending on the hotel location. Exact pick-up time will be provided at time of confirmation.
Complimentary pick-up service available from most Las Vegas hotels. Please advise pick-up hotel at time of booking and call upon arrival in Las Vegas to reconfirm pick-up time.
Tour returns to the original departure point
- Hotel to hotel transportation
- Champagne Brunch
- Tax and fees
- This tour must be booked at least 48 hours in advance of your travel date
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- This tour may be subject to USD$5pp Fuel Charge
- Prior to your travel date, all passenger weights MUST be advised to the supplier. If you do not indicate this at the time of booking, you will be required to call the supplier and advise them of this information directly. The supplier contact details will be on your voucher once you have a confirmed booking.
All coaches have
- Large custom windows
- Comfortable reclining seats
- Removable arm rests (for more room)
- Individual foot rests
- More leg room than most 1st class airline seating
- Clothing - The temperatures in the canyon are very different, the lower you go into the canyon, the hotter it gets. Shorts, a light shirt and a windbreaker are recommended for the warmer months. Summer rains do occur in Arizona, too.
- Footwear - Ankle support and traction are a must in the Grand Canyon. Shoes should be comfortable, broken in, and laced up tight to keep our feet secure.
- Hat -Keep your head covered up from the sun.
- Sunglasses - Shields for your eyes is important for UV protection. The Arizona sun can be very strong.
- Sunscreen / Chapstick - SPF 15 or better for the Arizona sun is very strong.